Today, I look in IU’s 85-60 win over the Ohio State Buckeyes. The Hoosiers are atop the Big Ten with a 6-0 record. Their defense has definitely improved since the loss to Duke.
Here are my observations on the game.
- IU did a great job defensively in the first half. They were really active on defense forcing turnovers. CBS announcer Carter Blackburn said they had 8 steals in the first half. 42 points in the second half is a lot but I am not going to ridicule. The offense was there and defense did enough to secure the victory.
- The offense was proficient. IU made great cuts and their screens were solid. IU was able to get in the lane pretty easily on Ohio State.
- There’s good Troy and there’s bad Troy. Against Ohio State, we got great Troy. He was very efficient off the dribble. He was under control and he also had a few blow bys off the dribble. Troy also did it on the outside as he was hot from three in the first half.
- Thomas Bryant was pretty consistent in both halves. He was very active on the boards and on offense.
- IU just made Ohio State look bad in the first half. At one point in the first half, IU was up 40-14
- IU did have a little sloppiness with the second unit in the first half.
- Ohio State is a very young team. I will say JaQuan Lyle stood out in the second half.