Tonight was a nice night to see the Hoosiers completely for the first time this season. I watched a little from Friday night’s Eastern Illinois last night but today is my first full breakdown. I am not going to critique the defense until December 2 against Duke.
The 102-76 win was good to see from the Hoosiers. I am glad they won and I thought they played decently overall. Here are my observations.
- Troy Williams got things going early with a block that led to a Yogi Ferrell three pointer.
- Williams outside shot was looking pretty good.
- Max Bielfeldt showed outside range has he hit a three pointer and he also scored on the inside.
- I really liked IU’s pace of play and their spurtability.
- Nick Zeisloft was back to his three point ways after hurting his finger.
- Chris Horton played well for Austin Peay.
- I also liked the way IU attacked Austin Peay’s zone off the dribble.
- I loved the way Thomas Bryant came back right back after giving up a bucket inside. He scored right back on Austin Peay with authority.
- Collin Hartman had a big dunk off a pass from Troy Williams.
- I loved the end to end jam from Troy Williams.
- The second half was put away with a three point barrage from IU. Zeisloft was on fire while Ferrell and Blackmon joined the fray.
- The announcing crew of Kevin Kugler and Jon Crispin pointed out the 20 turnovers IU had and they said IU hit 18 of their last 20 games to end the game.
From here, I want to see IU finish off Creighton before the big Maui trip. It’s nice to be able to watch IU basketball again.