Thursday night’s win over Maryland was huge as they came away with the 89-70 win. IU was striking the three point line with hot shooting and they also used the dribble to stave off the Terrapins.
Here are my observations for the game.
1. In the first half, Collin Hartman came out right away on fire for the Hoosiers as he scored their first four points and IU jumped out to a 12-3 lead.
2. Tom Crean was fully into this game as he really going great on the sidelines.
3. Troy Williams is getting better but he scares me every time he wildly drives the lane.
4. Maryland picked up their defense to get back into it.
5. IU loved to run and they were really successful scoring off turnovers.
6. IU’s fans were tremendous the whole game. They were really into it every asset of the game.
7. Some examples of Williams’ enegery was his big dunk in the first half and a lot of hustle for a rebound.
8. Yogi Ferrell was hot from the three point line as well.
9. IU’s offense looked a lot more fluid. I saw a lot of movement.
10. In the second half, IU extended their lead as they were attacking off the dribble.
11. It was the Yogi show as well in the second half with his three point barrages.
12. Hartman came through with a big lay-up off the dribble late in the second half.
13. James Blackmon also had a big second half shooting the three ball.
Sunday will be a big day for the Hoosiers as they take on the Buckeyes. It will be a good road test. I won’t be blogging for this game but cheer on the Hoosiers to victory Sunday.